Pillar of Truth

Thank you for visiting my blog today. This is a place where I will examine my thoughts on Christ, His Church, my Faith, and how to live for Him. God Bless.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Mary, Mary, quite contr(oversial)...

I don’t understand why Protestants have such a problem honoring Mary. Jesus, as a perfect Jew, would have obeyed Jewish Law perfectly. Part of the Law was to honor thy father and mother. If Christians are supposed to be Christ-like and strive to imitate Christ and Christ honored Mary, then shouldn’t we do the same? As Christ was dying on the cross he looked down and: "When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home." John 19:26-27 (KJV). The disciple whom Jesus loved: THAT IS US! Yes, it may have specifically been referring to John, but it is each one of us as well! Jesus gave His own mother as our mother! We are to take her into our homes and honor her as the Law says!
More on this to come…

3 Comments:

Blogger Athanasius contra mundo said...

It makes you stop and wonder if maybe Protestants are trying too hard not to be anything like Catholics.

April 08, 2007 12:42 AM  
Blogger Joyful Catholics said...

Amen! I used to be a Protestant/Evangelical and though I never had anything too terribly AGAINST Mary, I just was so ignorant of her. We only remembered her on Christmas Eve and Day and in a few carols sung. Sad. Very sad.

Then as an Evangelical, Mary seemed to become even MORE distant. We barely mentioned Her name at all, except in a reading on Christmas.

Now that I'm Catholic and LOVE THE CHURCH and OUR LADY, I can't imagine life without Her! I want to say to my friends, "Hey, if you introduced me to your mom, and I developed a friendship with her, would that subtract from our friendship or expand it, simply by enjoying your mom and her kindness toward me?"

Think about it, my former fellow Protestants, (I know you peek at these Catholic blogs) My friends loved my own mom, and she loved them and it ADDED to our love for eachother. You got it right athanasius...they just have such a innate fear of all things Catholic, that even the Mother of their Brother, Jesus, is somehow "off base." One friend said, "I don't need anything or anyone but Jesus." "I think praying to her would take away from Jesus." That statement completely boggles my mind now that I love OUR LADY and have such a devotion to her. Pray for these poor souls without any idea of the real Family that God gave us from the foot of His Son's cross.

Sad. So very sad.

PAX,
susie

July 27, 2007 8:41 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hello, I found your blog because of some of the posts you left on the CAF about Candy Brauer. I wanted to invite you to the Visits To Candyland blog at http://mdcalexatestblog.blogspot.com/

I see this blog is a little out of date, so I don't know if you will get this or not! ;)

November 01, 2007 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home